Next Session Summer 2018:
Motor and Generator Institute developed the CHEPP® certification program for individuals, including outside service personnel, working for a healthcare facility. Individuals who are responsible for proper installation, operation, maintenance, and testing of an emergency power supply system (EPSS). The CHEPP® certification ensures an individual understands ALL requirements to ensure compliance with:
- NFPA 70, National Electrical Code®
- NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code®
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code®
- NFPA 110, Standard for Emergency and Standby Power Systems
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Regulations
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) 42 CFR 482.15
- The Joint Commission – Environment of Care (EC) Section
- DNV Healthcare – Physical Environment (PE) Section
The Certified Healthcare Emergency Power Professional (CHEPP®) program is for individuals seeking to highlight their experience with healthcare emergency and standby power applications.
- Healthcare Requirements: To achieve the CHEPP® designation, individuals must be familiar with all healthcare EPSS requirements.
- Final Exam: The CHEPP exam is an open book, one-hundred (100) question timed exam. Students will have two (2) hours (120 min) to complete the exam and earn their certification. Exams will only be open for 60 days after the program has begun.
- CHEPP Designation: Motor and Generator Institute awards the CHEPP® designation to individuals who complete the CHEPP® program and the 100 question final exam. An individual who earned the Certified Healthcare Emergency Power Professional (CHEPP®) designation, may use it in professional communications, such as letterheads, office stationery, business cards, directory listings, and in signatures.
When and How?
Students will have 60 days to complete the certification exam. The entire program is provided online and is self-paced. All that is required is an internet connected device with video capabilities (i.e., computer, tablet or phone). To read more about how it works, please click here.
$399 (US) per student: Includes ALL video lessons, downloadable exercises, practice tests, and a final examination. Also included is a one-year membership to Motor and Generator Institute.