Currently, there are over 170 emergency power supply system (EPSS) requirements found in NFPA 110. Motor and Generator Institute (MGI) makes compliance with those requirements simple by providing the necessary tools to ensure you are well versed in weekly inspections and monthly testing procedures, which includes the cooling, lubrication, fuel, and battery charging subsystems.
An MGI annual membership is your solution to understanding today’s most important EPSS maintenance and testing topics and keeping your EPSS compliant with all AHJs. A one-year membership to MGI provides you with our Healthcare Emergency Power Supply Systems (EPSS): Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Manual.
EPSS Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Manual
The Healthcare Emergency Power Supply Systems (EPSS): Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Manual (EPSS Manual) cover all applicable paragraphs and current requirements of NFPA 70, 99, 101, and 110; OSHA, CMS, DNV and The Joint Commission. Topics covered in the manual include:
- Codes and Standards Governing Maintenance and Testing
- Essential Loads Powered by the EPSS
- Proper Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance protocols
- Education and Safety
- Components of the EPSS
- Weekly Inspections
- Monthly Testing
- Triennial Testing
Members may view the entire manual online using a mobile device or desktop computer. Hard copies are also available to members by printing the manual for insertion into a three-ring binder. Along with the manual members also receive:
- Manual Updates: Quarterly, MGI will release new content for the EPSS Manual. This content is only available to current members. Our subject matter experts ensure you always have the most up-to-date information available.
- Compliance Newsletter: In addition to the free Maintenance and Testing Newsletter, members will receive a monthly Compliance Newsletter. Stay up-to-date on the latest NFPA, OSHA, CMS, DNV, and The Joint Commission requirements.
- Continuing Education: Monthly, members receive opportunities to earn continuing education hours for professional certifications such as the CHFM. Credits are also good towards the MGI: Certified Healthcare Emergency Power Professional (CHEPP®) certification renewal.
- Custom Forms and Checklists: Members receive access to custom forms, checklists, and sample reports. These forms are recommended for use at your facility to ensure compliance with all EPSS requirements. Forms are preprinted with your facility information to save time.
- Video Library: Members receive access to the MGI maintenance, testing, and compliance video library. Videos can be accessed from a desktop computer or mobile device, 24x7x365.
Membership is $199 (US) annually. Membership includes the Healthcare EPSS Manual and everything described above. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or check.