Education on the requirements for your emergency power supply system (EPSS) is of the utmost importance to ensure you utilize standard practices, as well as best practices. In the event a patient is compromised, proving you followed proper protocol and maintenance requirements can minimize most potential legal actions.
The Motor and Generator Institute: EPSS Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Online Class is for ANYONE involved with the maintenance, operation, and testing of an emergency power supply system. This online certificate class covers all applicable paragraphs and current requirements of NFPA 70, 99, 101, and 110; OSHA, CMS, DNV and The Joint Commission.
Students will also be provided an understanding of general characteristics of the emergency power supply system, its applications, component overviews, basic operating principles, critical safety precautions, troubleshooting, routine maintenance, testing, and common repairs. Topics covered include:
- Changes in the 2010 and 2016 Editions of NFPA 110, AND the new CMS Conditions of Participation, which WILL affect your testing procedures.
- The role of the (EPSS) in healthcare, essential loads powered by the EPSS, and components of the EPSS.
- Codes and standards governing maintenance, testing, and documentation.
- Performing inspections on fuel, lubrication, cooling, exhaust, electrical systems, and the prime mover.
- Monthly testing: peak load shaving, frequency & test length, date & time of the test, equivalent loads, load run/banks for diesel-powered EPS’s, gas-powered generator testing, cold starts, and time delays.
The Motor and Generator Institute online class includes:
- Certificate of Completion: Students who complete all lessons will receive a Certificate of Completion good for 6 Contact Hours. Print your certificate immediately upon completion as proof of training.
- Quizzes: Each lesson includes a quiz to ensure the student has absorbed the information before moving on to the next lesson. Note: Certificates are issued based on completing all lessons.
- Video Lessons: Each lesson is provided in video format, accessible from a mobile device or desktop computer. Take the training with you anywhere.
The online class fee is $299 (US) per student and includes a one-year membership to Motor and Generator Institute.